Scripting available on Clinical records (and recall) forms?

Scripting help and sample scripts for use with the Scripting Module
Post a reply

Scripting available on Clinical records (and recall) forms?

Postby Alfred » August 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm

Hi guys

I love the idea and power promised by scripting! I can't find any documentation or confirmation that scripting is also available in clinical records. Specifically, I can't see any events that seem to be from a form related to clinical records, and there is no "scripting scroll" visible in the clinical record designer.

Here's what I want to do:
The optician I am trying to convince to buy CO4, will measure a bunch of metrics, then another set, and then make intelligent decision on what the eventual final prescription should be. So far, so good. I can customise the form, add custom fields and more... but in many cases the optician will want to then adopt one of these sets of data as the final prescription. We'd love a button that would then copy the 30 or so metrics from one set of fields to the next.
Could you please
a) confirm scripting is available in clinical notes
b) provide me an example of the code to add a button
c) provide sample code of copying a value from one field to another on the press of the button.

Thank you! :)
Alfred

Re: Scripting available on Clinical records (and recall) for

Postby Support » August 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Thanks for your post.

>> a) confirm scripting is available in clinical notes
Yes we'll be adding scripting events to the ClincialNotes screen in an upcoming update.

>> b) provide me an example of the code to add a button
Until the scripting is implemented, we can't provide example code as it hasn't been finalised how this would be done.

>> c) provide sample code of copying a value from one field to another on the press of the button.
This depends on what screen you're talking about, what table the source field is in, what table the destination field is in, are they in the same record, are they custom fields? etc. etc.

Scripting is complex and the best recommendation we can make is to join our Support Plan (once you've purchased ClinicOffice), send us a copy of your database (so that we can see your DB structure) and then give us lots of details as to exactly what you're trying to accomplish. Our developers will then do their best to create a script to meet your needs.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to Scripting