FAQ 318: I deleted a patient/staff member by accident?!

Frequently Asked Questions relating to ClinicOffice v4 and v5
Forum rules
These articles are created and maintained by our support staff. Please feel free to post a reply to an article if you need more information on a subject or any additional help.
Post a reply

FAQ 318: I deleted a patient/staff member by accident?!

Postby Support » November 28th, 2008, 3:19 pm

The first thing is DON'T PANIC! #-o ClinicOffice doesn't actually delete patient, contact or staff records. It simply puts them in the 'recycle bin'.

Here's what to do...

- Click the Recycle Bin button (top middle of the Ribbon Bar)
- This will open the Recycle Bin. If no records appear, simply press the F7 button to show all deleted records
- Locate the patient/contact/staff record which you deleted and right-click on the record
- Click Undelete Record
- ClinicOffice will now confirm that it has undeleted the record for you
- Now go back to the patient/contact/staff database screen and click Refresh and you should now see the previously deleted record has been restored! \:D/
Please note that this DOES NOT apply to invoices/payments/session notes etc. When these other types of record are deleted, they are physically removed from the database.

As always, we recommend that you implement a good regular backup strategy which always gives you the option of restoring from a backup if you need to.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Re: #12 I deleted a patient/staff member by accident - help!?

Postby mesologie » March 8th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Is there a way to empty the recycle bin, so a patient is completely deleted from the database? I mean when there are no other relations to other records, i.e. in the case a patient has been created and never been used in the system.
http://www.mesoloog.info
mesologie

• Website

Re: #12 I deleted a patient/staff member by accident - help!?

Postby Support » March 9th, 2010, 9:50 am

Good question. It's actually on our list of things to do, but as you say it will only be possible if there are absolutely no links to the record being permanently deleted, otherwise the referential integrity of the database will be compromised.

Please check the update logs (see http://www.pioneersoftware.co.uk/cov4_updates.htm) for future updates to see when this feature is available.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to FAQ Articles (START HERE if looking for help!)