Suitability for high street private GP and aesthetic clinic.

Any questions, comments, hints or tips relating to ClinicOffice 2005
Post a reply

Suitability for high street private GP and aesthetic clinic.

Postby bybrook » August 7th, 2007, 3:24 pm

I wonder if there is anyone out there who is using this software for a clinic providing:

a) private GP walk in services
b) medical aesthetic services (botox, fillers, lasers, hair removal, skin rejuvenation etc)
c) medical ultrasound imaging services
d) private walk in gynaecology services

I have downloaded a trial version and am working through it. So far my initial impressions are quite favourable but i would appreciate any feedback from users.

From the GP services point of view, how customisable are the fields to allow collection of diagnosis-specific data so that audits can be performed easily. In the NHS, the EMIS software provides quite a lot of features such as recording drug histories / prescriptions and highlighting any drug-interactions that might occur as a result of a new prescriptions. I presume all this cannot be customised from the available fields but could be developed as a bespoke database.

If i decided to have 2 systems eg something like EMIS for the GP services, how feasible would it be to join the 2 together so that there is no duplication of demographic data etc.

From the aesthetic services point of view, how easy or difficult would it be to connect a digital camera to the PC and take before and after pictures directly into a given patient's record?

If i had a website where interested customers could enter their demographic data and request a call from the clinic with an appointment, how feasible would it be for this software to talk to the website database and download the customer details so that it does not have to be entered again?

Thanks in advance.
bybrook

Postby Support » August 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Hi there - thanks for your post.

I'll do my best to answer your questions but I'm guessing you want an independent perspective rather than a Pioneer Software employee, so hopefully someone else will answer you too!

I wonder if there is anyone out there who is using this software for a clinic providing:
a) private GP walk in services
b) medical aesthetic services (botox, fillers, lasers, hair removal, skin rejuvenation etc)
c) medical ultrasound imaging services
d) private walk in gynaecology services

I can confirm that we have clients in all these medical professions. We've noticed a real growth particularly in the area of cosmetic surgeries taking on ClinicOffice.

how customisable are the fields to allow collection of diagnosis-specific data so that audits can be performed easily.

There is no limit to the number of custom fields that can be defined, but you may need us to develop some reports for you to get the clinical audit that you desire.

... I presume all this cannot be customised from the available fields but could be developed as a bespoke database.

Actually, because there is no limit to the number of custom fields and/or forms, there is no need for bespoke development to achive this.

...2 systems eg something like EMIS for the GP services, how feasible would it be to join the 2 together so that there is no duplication of demographic data etc.

This would require some bespoke customisation from us.

From the aesthetic services point of view, how easy or difficult would it be to connect a digital camera to the PC and take before and after pictures directly into a given patient's record?

Simply drag and drop the photo from the camera onto the DOCUMENTS area of the patient record, or the clinical history tree and ClinicOffice will store the photo in the database along with the patient record.

how feasible would it be for this software to talk to the website database and download the customer details so that it does not have to be entered again?

Again this would require bespoke customisation.

I hope these answers help a little!
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to Questions & Answers