Allocated Payments still showing as Part Allocated

Any questions, comments, hints or tips relating to ClinicOffice 2005
Post a reply

Postby clairetucker » April 4th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Hi there,

I've noticed two things in the account balance tab of a patient record.

1) Sometimes when you allocate a payment and save it, it still shows it as unallocated or part allocated even though it has been allocated. When you save and close the patient record and go back into it though it shows as having been allocated correctly

2) In some of our client records even when I have done this and gone back into the record it is still showing as part allocated, even though when you open the payment is shows that all of the payment value has been allocated against invoices. I tried de-allocating the payment against the invoices and then re-allocating again, either using the auto-allocate option or the Manual option and it still saves as Part Allocated.

Cheers
Claire
clairetucker

• Website

Postby Support » April 5th, 2007, 9:16 am

Hi Claire - please can you try the following :-
- Click TOOLS | DB INTEGRITY CHECK
- Tick the box that says "Fix Currency Rounding"
- Start the integrity check

This could be caused when you use certain Tax or Discount percentages on invoices which would result in fractions of a pence in your database. This issue was fixed a while ago, but it's possible that you still have invoices/payments with fractions of pennies on them. The above process should fix that.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Postby clairetucker » April 10th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Hi there,

I followed your instructions and it did amend the invoices but here's what happened:

Those that originally had a discount applied to the invoice appeared in the account balance and being the full value of the invoice - not the discounted value. So the account balances have now been affected as the amount invoiced is more than what was paid.

However when I go into an affected invoice and click in the discount box it updates the amount to the correct discounted value. If I then save and close it the corrected discounted value shows in the account balance screen. The Payments are still showing as Part Allocated though.

The only way for me to get the invoice amount and the Payment allocation showing correctly is to remove the discount percentage altogether and change the actual item amount.

I now have hundreds of patients with incorrect balances showing. Is there a way of correcting this quickly?

Thanks
Claire
clairetucker

• Website

Postby Dan Tarbuck » April 12th, 2007, 9:31 am

Hi Claire

We have sent you an email to help sort this problem out. If anyone else is having this issue please go to the Pioneer Software Website and download update 1081.

Then follow the previous instructions from the site admin's post above!

Thanks
Dan Tarbuck

Dan Tarbuck
Support Team

Postby clairetucker » May 26th, 2007, 10:25 am

Has this been fully resolved? I still have records with the payments showing part allocated even though the payment window shows the full amount having been allocated.

Thanks
Claire
clairetucker

• Website

Postby Support » May 29th, 2007, 8:08 am

What version are you using? The latest build is 1084 and as far as we are aware the problem was resolved. Thanks.
Support
Site Admin

Payments showing as Part Allocated

Postby clairetucker » May 29th, 2007, 8:24 am

Yes I am running build 1084.

I do however copy the database and use it on different computers - home & satellite practice.

I will check all computers to make sure that they are all on build 1084.

Perhaps my other query re account balances showing up as negative when they are actually in credit is tied in with this?

Cheers
Claire
clairetucker

• Website

Payments showing as Part Allocated

Postby clairetucker » June 7th, 2007, 5:06 pm

I have checked the PCs we are using an the build is 1084.

Cheers
Claire
clairetucker

• Website

Postby Support » June 8th, 2007, 6:58 am

Hi Claire - please can you call our support line (0870 745 5008) when it's convenient and we'll take a look remotely to see if we can find out what is causing this problem.
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to Questions & Answers