FAQ 308: How do I bill an Insurance Company for a patient?

Frequently Asked Questions relating to ClinicOffice v4 and v5
Forum rules
These articles are created and maintained by our support staff. Please feel free to post a reply to an article if you need more information on a subject or any additional help.
Post a reply

FAQ 308: How do I bill an Insurance Company for a patient?

Postby Mat Larkin » February 3rd, 2010, 2:42 pm

You may have the situation where a patient's insurance company (e.g. BUPA or AXA PPP) are going to pay for their treatment. This means that invoices raised for that patient should actually be re-directed to the insurance company.

Here's what to do :-

[1] Make sure that the Insurance Company has already been entered on your system. Insurance Companies should be entered into the CONTACTS datbase in ClinicOffice.

[2] Once the Insurance Company is on the system, you need to make sure that the patient's record contains a link to the Insurance Company. To do this, open the PATIENT EDITOR (for the patient in question), click the 'Medical' tab and set the 'Insurance Company' field to be the correct insurance company, then click SAVE & CLOSE.

[3] Now when you create an Invoice for that patient, you will notice that ClinicOffice shows you a "Confirm Invoice Recipient" box which allows you to select whether this particular invoice goes to the patient or their insurance company.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Mat Larkin

Re: FAQ:How do I bill an Insurance Company for certain patie

Postby normansavigar » April 22nd, 2011, 1:19 pm

Am I correct in assuming that if the NHS or a GP was paying for a treatment then one could use this work-around to be able to send the invoice to the NHS/GP rather than the patient?
normansavigar

• Website

Re: FAQ:How do I bill an Insurance Company for certain patie

Postby Support » April 25th, 2011, 9:34 am

Yes that's correct. In addition to the "Insurance Company" field, there's also an "Alternate Invoice Recipient" field on the Patient Editor which allows you to select another party to whom invoices can be sent for that patient.
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to FAQ Articles (START HERE if looking for help!)