FAQ 328: What can I do if I forget my username / password?

Frequently Asked Questions relating to ClinicOffice v4 and v5
Forum rules
These articles are created and maintained by our support staff. Please feel free to post a reply to an article if you need more information on a subject or any additional help.
Post a reply

FAQ 328: What can I do if I forget my username / password?

Postby Mat Larkin » January 25th, 2010, 4:12 pm

OPTION 1

The best option would be to ask another user who has 'Administrator' privileges to log in to their account and open your Staff record. From the Staff Editor screen he will be able to reset your username and/or password. Here are the steps to do this :-

[1] Log on using the Administrator's username/password
[2] Under the "Main" tab in the Ribbon Bar (across the top the screen) click the Staff Members
[3] Double-click the staff member you wish to edit
[4] Under the Access Rights Tab, click Reset Password

OPTION 2

If you're not able to get another user to log on as an Administrator then here are some things to try...

Firstly, please make sure that you are logging on to the correct database. Sometimes users inadvertently selected a different database (e.g. the "Sample Database") on the logon screen and are actually trying to login to the wrong database.

If you're sure that you're logging in to the correct database, then are you absolutely 100% SURE that you're entering the details exactly correctly?

- The ClinicOffice default for usernames is the first initial followed by surname, so Mr John Smith's default username would be "jsmith"

- Older versions of ClinicOffice used to make all usernames UPPERCASE, but from version 4 onwards usernames default to lowercase - have you got the case correct?
e.g. "JSMITH" is not the same as "JSmith" nor is it the same as "jsmith"

- Have you incorrectly put a 'white-space' character between an initial and surname?
e.g. "j smith" instead of "jsmith"

- Have you accidentally put a space before or at the end of the username?
e.g. "jsmith " is not the same as "jsmith"
Being completely honest, 99% of the time when we get contacted by customers who can't logon, the problem is simply that they are entering the wrong username or password!

OPTION 3

If you really can't remember your username/password details #-o then the only other option is to take a backup of your database and upload it to us so that we can then decrypt the database to retrieve your details. This requires work on our part, so there is a charge for this.

Here's a link explaining how to upload your database. You'll also need to contact us to let us know that you need assistance!
ClinicOffice Support Team
Mat Larkin

Post a reply

Return to FAQ Articles (START HERE if looking for help!)