FAQ 201: How do I re-activate if I wipe my computer?

Frequently Asked Questions relating to ClinicOffice v4 and v5
Forum rules
These articles are created and maintained by our support staff. Please feel free to post a reply to an article if you need more information on a subject or any additional help.
Post a reply

FAQ 201: How do I re-activate if I wipe my computer?

Postby Support » July 7th, 2008, 1:15 pm

[Please note: This article does not apply to the COv4 or COv5 Server Edition because the server computer contains all the license information.]

If you have bought a new computer and want to move your ClinicOffice license from your old computer to your new one, then there is a specific FAQ article here :-
http://www.clinicofficeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=246&p=531#p531

This FAQ is designed to help out if you're wiping your computer clean and will need to re-install everything, in which case you will need to re-activate ClinicOffice again.

BEFORE wiping your computer, you need to REMOVE the COv4 or COv5 license from it. Here's what to do :-

[1] Run ClinicOffice and click HELP (at the top of the screen) and then License Information
[2] This screen shows your license details. Click the REMOVE LICENSE button and then click YES to confirm.

After having wiped your computer and once you have re-installed your copy of ClinicOffice, run the program and click the Activate Online button. Then just enter in your details. If you are not too sure about these details, you'll have to contact us for this information. Computer Description is a personal choice of yours. Name the computer relevant to it's position in the clinic or something along that line to help you identify that computer. Then click OK.

That's it! Your new computer is now ready to go! If you need any additional help, please feel free to post a reply to this forum and one of our support team will be happy to help.

What if I don't have an internet connection?

Then please follow this link to another forum post.
http://www.clinicofficeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=471
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to FAQ Articles (START HERE if looking for help!)