How to submit a Bug Report?

Post any questions, problems, comments, hints or tips related to ClinicOffice
Topic locked

How to submit a Bug Report?

Postby Support » July 24th, 2013, 8:40 am

ClinicOffice is a massive program. It is made up of 100s of thousands lines of code, dozens of licensed software components and two database engines. Across the world it runs on 1,000s of computers all with different hardware, different operating systems and different environments.

Unfortunately, it's therefore unavoidable that some users will occasionally experience a problem, which could be caused by any one of a million different things.

How can I submit a GOOD bug report to help you to resolve an issue?

If you're posting on this forum (or sending us an email) about a problem, please bear these points in mind :-

[1] Is there an error message on the screen with an EMAIL ERROR REPORT button? If so, SEND IT!!!
(if there's no EMAIL ERROR REPORT button, please tell us exactly what the error message says)
[2] Provide a detailed description of what you were doing at the time when the error occurred, and if possible give us step-by-step instructions so that we can try to reproduce the problem ourselves

[3] Please also include the following information :-
- What version and build of ClinicOffice are you using? (click HELP | ABOUT)
- What version of Windows are you using?
- If you have more than one ClinicOffice computer, does this happen on every computer or just one?
- Has this problem just started happening? If so, what has changed recently on your computer?
- What virus-checker or internet security software do you have installed?

What should I AVOID saying when reporting a problem?

When customers experience problems, we often hear the following very unhelpful phrases :-
- "It keeps crashing"
- "It's not working"
- "It won't let me ..."
- "Why is this happening?"
Imagine emailing or phoning your car mechanic and telling him: "My car's not working - why is this happening?" - what would he say? :-k Non-specific phrases make it impossible for us to identify the problem, let alone to resolve it.

In conclusion... if you do experience a problem, please use the points above to give us an accurate and detailed error report. This will help us to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Many thanks!
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Topic locked

Return to General Questions & Answers