Dispensing

Post any questions, problems, comments, hints or tips related to ClinicOffice
Post a reply

Dispensing

Postby cparty15 » April 13th, 2011, 10:57 am

Hi, firstly I would like to say how delighted I am with this software and already making my life easier. We dispense medication in tablet form and need to work out a procedure of entering bulk stock into CO and then putting some sort of works order in to dispense...suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Carol
cparty15

Re: Dispensing

Postby William » April 15th, 2011, 10:20 am

Hi Carol

Thanks for the post. Would it be possible to provide us with the procedure that you would like to use when dispensing the medication to each patient. For example is it a case that you would like the system to say that patient A has 60 of tablet B every month or is it a case that there is a reduction every time you allocate so much medication to a given patient?

Look forward to hearing from you.
ClinicOffice Support Team
William

Postby cparty15 » April 18th, 2011, 9:32 am

We receive bulk medication which we have to show as stock, when we then convert them into vials there has to be a method of reducing stock. Currently we use a works order in the POS system (Orderwise). (Adding the vials is straight forward enough in CO). My thinking it is probably the same procedure for both adding bulk and reducing it, to adding vials and patient orders. Thoughts please. Thanks Carol
cparty15

Postby cparty15 » April 18th, 2011, 3:09 pm

William, please forget last posting. We will work with what already exists. Thanks for your help thus far. Carol
cparty15

Postby William » April 19th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Hi Carol

Thanks for letting me know.
ClinicOffice Support Team
William

Post a reply

Return to General Questions & Answers