Database error message and google sync error

Post any questions, problems, comments, hints or tips related to ClinicOffice
Post a reply

Database error message and google sync error

Postby CCopeland » May 5th, 2015, 5:56 am

Software started coming up with 'unexpected database error' and shutting down - no one on computer at the time.

Also when carrying out the google calendar sync it comes up with:

GoogleApiException and Forbidden [403] Errors[
message[forbidden]location[-] Reason [forbidden] domain[global]

Help?!
CCopeland

Re: Database error message and google sync error

Postby Mat Larkin » May 13th, 2015, 11:32 am

Hi,

Can you please do the following;

Go to TOOLS
Click CHECK & REPAIR

Please make sure that no one else is logged into ClinicOffice when doing this and also you need to do this on the MAIN computer.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
ClinicOffice Support Team
Mat Larkin

Postby rhcrc » May 14th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Hello,
Since yesterday I have been having similar problems with google sync.
when I calendar sync with google calendar,
authentication and connecting to google account works ok,
but when I try to synchronise from clinic office to google calendar (not the other way which works fine) at 82% synchronisation I get this message:

it then asks me if I would like to continue the synchronisation operation? YES or NO.
you can then continue to synchronise (although I am not sure if the synchronisation does complete.
rhcrc

Postby Support » May 14th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Thanks for your post. This problem occurs when you have another calendar being "shared" with your Google Calendar account, but you don't have permission to make changes to it.

For example, let's say John Smith is the main practitioner at a clinic and he has his own Google Calendar. His associate Sue White also has a Google Calendar and Sue allows John "read-only" access to her calendar.

When John Smith synchronises his Calendar to ClinicOffice, both his and Sue's appointments are imported. So far, everything is fine.

However, if John Smith were now to change one of the appointments which originated from Sue White's calendar in ClinicOffice (e.g. moving the appointment, changing the type/status, altering the text) and then tried to synchronize those changes back to Google Calendar, this error will come up during the synchronization :-

The reason? John Smith doesn't have permission to make changes to Sue Smith's Google Calendar, hence Google "forbids" the change to be made and ClinicOffice will notify you about this error.

You can safely continue with the synchronization operation and ClinicOffice will skip the appointment which was "denied" and will continue to sync other appointments as required.

How can this be resolved?

The best practice for Google Calendar Sync is to not synchronize with an account which has shared calendars with read-only access. If you must synchronize to an account with shared calendars, then you should make sure that you have full permission to make changes to those shared calendars.

Please let us know if this helps to explain the problem - many thanks!
ClinicOffice Support Team
Support
Site Admin

Postby rhcrc » May 14th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Excellent thank you.
I have removed the offending event sent to me by someone which was awaiting a response in google calendar, and calendar sync now works fine.
Thank you!
rhcrc

Post a reply

Return to General Questions & Answers